After her umbilical cord stump fell off on Friday we switched to full-time cloth diapering. We had been using some prefolds and covers with an umbilical cord dip in them, but didn’t have enough for all the time use. The majority of the diapers we have are the BumGenius 3.0 one size – pictured below in the smallest configuration. As you can see, it’s still pretty big on her!! They go up pretty high on her and she’s left with a pretty bulky butt, but they do their job, so no complaints here!!
We’ve been at it less than a week, but we’re feeling good about it. We’ve already made a few modifications to our system – for example, the wet bag we’d gotten for home wasn’t really big enough, so we bough a trash can and are using a pillowcase to line it. We’re keeping it next to the washer and empty our wet bags into it as needed. I’m sure there will be more modifications as time goes on, but hopefully we’ll be able to roll with the changes and continue to think that we’ve made a good decision!!