I think this is what Chloe Mae is thinking every morning when she’s home with me. I don’t have to be to work until 10AM, so we get some time to hang out in the morning. Normally, our schedule looks something like this:
- She wakes up about 6:45, has a bottle and gets her diaper changed.
- Then from about 7:15-7:45 she “helps” dad get ready while I grab a quick shower.
- At 7:45 we watch dad leave and Chloe waves at him until she can’t see his car anymore. Then sometimes a little longer…
- Then I get Chloe’s breakfast ready while she empties out an entire drawer of plastic bowls, bibs and sippy cups 🙂
- From about 8:15 – 9 we attempt to play, usually in her playroom.
- At 9, I change her diaper, get her dressed for the day and we load up to go to daycare.
Here’s where the “Mom, you’re so boring!!” part comes in. The 8:15 – 9 segment of our day is usually spent with Miss Chloe crying and fussing after just a few minutes. It doesn’t matter what we’re doing, she just seems to hate it after a few minutes. If however, I get her dressed early and we go on a ‘field trip’ – to the hotel to see dad and Nanna, to my office to see the ladies or even just to Target – she’s happy as a clam. Whenever she’s had a particularly cranky morning, I like to inform daycare. But no sooner have I gotten the words “She’s a little cranky today” out of my mouth before she’s waving and smiling at Rendee and Clara and talking and playing with her friends.
I was prepared for the fact that someday Chloe would no longer think I was cool and would not want to hang out with me. I just thought she’d be a little older when it happened…