This is the best pancake recipe we’ve found, and Chloe’s favorite breakfast. (I kinda like it too. DaddyMort adds mini chocolate chips for Chloe Mae and I and we eat them with cool whip. Delish!!) This morning, Chloe, DaddyMort and I each had 2 pancakes – and, no, we didn’t make hers any smaller. I feel like these pancakes are a pretty healthy choice – with whole wheat flour and very little sugar, so I’m okay with this.
*Right now, we’re making a 1/3 batch of these and still have a couple leftover.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.