30 Weeks

At 30 weeks, I can tell this is a different pregnancy this time around.
-My heartburn isn’t as bad as it was with Chloe Mae – I only have to take Tums about once a day, not multiple times a day.
-My hip and lower back pain seems to have subsided – instead I’m having more mid and upper back pain.
-I’m already unable to reach my toes, and being in the heart of summer, I need to have pretty toes.
-I didn’t have a single Braxton Hicks contraction that I was aware of with Chloe, but I’m having them all day, every day with Devon.  The Dr. says this is because I’m a veteran now and my uterus knows it needs to beef up to help me through child labor.  I get it, but seriously – ugh!!
-Here’s my seriously ginormous belly, complete with stretch marks.  Those were also absent at 30 weeks with Chloe.  This time around, the old stretch marks have already gotten some new friends.


I was deemed ‘boring’ again by the doctor at the beginning of my appointment today.  There was one minor exception 5 minutes later when my appointment was over.  I’m still measuring big – 32 cm at 30 weeks.  Since I grew 4 cm in the last 4 weeks, which is the normal growth rate, he wasn’t terribly concerned, but I will be having an ultrasound at my next appointment in 2 weeks.  He says there’s a 95% chance that there won’t be anything wrong, so I’m working on being only 5% worried.

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Baby D, Doctor's Appointments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s