I’m thankful I didn’t burn the house down today. And I don’t mean that as a figure of speech – I mean that quite literally.
While making lunch today, the burner caught on fire (there may or may not have been a spill by someone else a few days ago that wasn’t cleaned up…) In a matter of seconds, I tried to figure out if we have a fire extinguisher (don’t think so), remembered that you shouldn’t pour water on a grease fire (but then decided this wasn’t a grease fire) and then poured water on it (with a pan of water literally in my hands, it was tough not to.) However, that was a mistake. Turns out, it was some sort of grease fire. So the fire shot up to the top of our over-the-range microwave. At that point, I looked back to make sure Chloe was still at the sink washing her hands. When I turned back to the stove, the fire was magically out.
Chloe then chastised me for scaring her. I apologized and said it scared me too. We hugged and about 10 minutes later, my heart rate was finally back down to a normal rate.
This is why my husband does the cooking!!