Often times, I still think of Devon Kenneth as my baby boy. Turns out, he’s not. He is 3. Three years old. How did this happen?!?
At 3 years old, Devon thinks his big sister is about the coolest thing. He was so, so happy that she picked out a present just for him. All day he carried the book around and told anyone who would listen, “My sister gave me this book for my birfday. Do you want a sticker?” He proudly handed out Super Mickey stickers from the front of his book to many of daddy’s co-workers, who all accepted them with enthusiasm 🙂
Devon gives the best hugs, but you have to be careful, because he also likes to give “lick kisses.”. And they’re every bit as gross as they sound. He still has the most kissable (slightly chubby!) cheeks. He loves babies, playing trains and cars, silly songs, dance parties and swinging at the park. He dislikes dinner (every.single.night), small dogs and waiting to pick his sister up from school.
Devon knew just what he wanted to do for his birthday. He wanted to eat a popsicle for breakfast, just like his friend did. He wanted to ride the bus and go to a park. He wanted breakfast for dinner and a blueberry birthday cake. Done, done and done. He was just tickled when he got birthday cards in the mail and thought it was fantastic when we sang Happy Birthday and let him blow out a candle in his pancake.
I asked Devon the same 20 questions I’ve been asking Chloe the last few years. His answers were about as well thought out as her’s were the first year we asked 🙂
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- What is your favorite toy? “Teddy Bear.” Me: “Teddy bear? You don’t have a bear.” “Ohh…uhhh…my red, heavy barn.”
- What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries. And strawberries.
- What is your favorite TV show? PatPat (Little Einsteins). And Sofia.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese at a picnic.
- What is your favorite outfit? Socks and my choo-choo shirt aanndd…hmmm…what pants?? My jeans!!
- What is your favorite game? Candyland, And Chutes & Ladders at Nanna and Dudad’s!
- What is your favorite snack? Fruit snacks.
- What is your favorite animal? Goats and cows and pigs.
- What is your favorite song? Wheels on the Bus.
- What is your favorite book? (Curious) George. The heavy one.
- Who is your best friend? Judah.
- What is your favorite movie? Rio (which he has seen once and not talked about again.)
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing and draw chalk in the treehouse.
- What is your favorite drink? Hot chocolate.
- What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Mommy! And soft dog and taggie and Clifford.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bagel. Or a rainbow. Orr, hmmm…mayme wakey, wakey eggs and bakey (bacon.)
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pancakes!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Be a farmer at Halloween. And you’ll be a horse.