This could also be called “Things My Kids Do” or “Reasons I Think My Kids are the Best.” You get the idea. Really, I just love getting these written down so I can look back and remember years from now, since some days I have trouble remembering what I ate for breakfast 😊
- After having a cough for about a week, D stated, “I have a bad cough. I think I might be dead.” Apparently we need to discuss the definition of ‘dead.’
- One Saturday morning, while watching cartoons, C was muttering to herself, “3+3=6, 6+6=12, 12+12=24, 24+24=48.” DaddyMort thought he’d stump her and asked, “What’s 48+48?” A few moments later she said, “96!” to which DaddyMort just looked at her in surprise.
- DaddyMort has corrupted the children, which means we’ve been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving. The kids have decided that their favorite Christmas CD is Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas, which is the family from Duck Dynasty. Their absolute favorite song is “Christmas Cookies” but they also love “Hairy Christmas” – which references a redneck Christmas – and “Duck the Halls” – which involves lots of quacking. It makes me laugh every time D asks to hear the redneck song.
- For some unknown reason, D has started getting out of his bed at all hours of the night. Some nights, it is literally 30 seconds after we leave the room when he comes out and says, “I can’t fall asleep.” Other nights its 3 AM and he silently crawls into our bed, hoping we won’t notice. Or sometimes it’s at 6:30 AM, shortly before he’s allowed to get up, stating that he’s lonely, despite the fact that he shares a room with his sister. On some of these nights, I end up climbing into his bed to snuggle him for a bit. And he’s so freaking adorable. He puts his arm around me and rubs my hair. After a couple minutes, he usually squirms around until he can plant a kiss on my cheek, then he goes back to rubbing my hair. And when is he sleeping, could he be any cuter?!?
- While making lunch one day, I pulled out Cheetos, which are kind of a treat around here. C said, “I don’t want Cheetos. Do I have to eat them?” Uhhh, no you don’t. I’ll just eat your portion.