I didn’t forget that my first born turned 7, I was just trying to live in denial a little longer. Her near constant independence, and the eye-rolls that go along with it, have made it impossible to ignore though 🙂 Oh yeah, and there’s the gorgeous smile that’s been without all of her teeth for a couple years now and her general giant-ness. Seriously, kid, just stop growing for a while!
In the last year, C Monster has thrived. She loves to spend her days reading, coloring, building with Legos and playing outside. Along with her brother, she will spend days on the same “game of pretend” although she’d prefer not to do any of the cleaning that goes along with her playing. Pretty typical, I’m sure!
C’s favorite part of almost any meal is the meat. Or possibly cooked broccoli. She chose breakfast for all 3 meals on her birthday, so that’s obviously another favorite. She loves, I mean LOVES, to help in the kitchen and daddy is teaching her everything he knows. Making buttermilk biscuits and gnocchi are two of her favorites, although she rarely turns down a job in the kitchen – other than the clean-up. Can you sense a theme here?
She continues to wear what she likes, regardless of what anyone else thinks. She often wears outfits with a theme – for example, different colors and sizes of polka dots go together perfectly! Or the striped shirt and floral skirt that both contain super bright colors – a great match! She likes to do her own hair these days, so I hope the disheveled look is in among young girls, because she hasn’t quite mastered her brushing technique on her still very fine, easily tangled hair.
We celebrated C’s birthday at the park with her friends on her birthday. She was happy to have a giant playdate that didn’t exclude anyone’s siblings – the more, the merrier! The following weekend, some family met us at Perfect Games (or Awesome Games as my kiddos call it) for some bowling, pizza and arcade games. Her score of 70 and her amazing technique offer proof that this was a special event for her!
I almost forgot, but managed to squeeze in her birthday questions before bed on her birthday. Below, you’ll see some of her favorites during year 7.
- What is your favorite color? Purple.
- What is your favorite toy? Barbies.
- What is your favorite fruit? Bananas.
- What is your favorite TV show? Scooby Doo.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese and hot dogs. Or brats, cottage cheese and peaches.
- What is your favorite outfit? LuLa Roe Dress with pink sweater.
- What is your favorite game? Kings in the Corner.
- What is your favorite snack? Lightly salted potato chips.
- What is your favorite animal? Monkey.
- What is your favorite song? It’s Raining Tacos. (We can thank Daddy for sending us this video, of this random song song on a 10hr repeat…)
- What is your favorite book? Magic Tree House. And Boxcar Children.
- Who is your best friend? Nya and Reese.
- What is your favorite movie? Inside Out
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play ball.
- What is your favorite drink? Raspberry lemonade.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? George, Monkey and Tangled blankie.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Doughnut muffins and bacon.
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Biscuits and Gravy.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? An artist.