Oh, my. Every year I’m taken aback by all the feels on my kiddos’ birthdays. I so enjoy watching them grow and change, but I’m not quite ready for the getting older part that comes with it!
My little girl (she’s still little – okay?!?) is in limbo these days – wanting to be treated like a “big kid” and enjoy all the perks that come with being big, but still not quite ready for all the responsibilities that come with it. Being in this limbo comes with a lot of big emotions – that we’re all learning to deal with.
These days, Chloe is most passionate about art, cooking and baking. Pretending to cook and bake, as well as playing outside (when it’s warm – she totally gets that from me!) and reading are also high on the list. She loves time with friends and enjoys playing with her little brother, about 75% of the time 🙂 When we have littles over to our house, she is nurturing, loving and entertaining. When we have bigs over, she is full of energy and loves to play elaborate games.
While she sometimes has lofty goals, she still loves the little things in life. Today, she loved the candle in her biscuits and gravy at breakfast. We had lunch at Daddy’s work, and stretching out in a lounge chair was one of her favorite parts. On the way home, I stopped at Caribou on campus and she was thrilled to get her very own hot chocolate. Her presents from us included an outdoor rocking chair and a toothbrush that lights up for 2 minutes. They were both on her list of 8 things for her 8th birthday and she was ecstatic. We finished the day by celebrating with some of her friends at Hickory Park. Her favorite part was making up names for her french fries before eating them.
I am thrilled to have such a wonderful, smart, silly girl to be raising. Listed below are the answers to the 20 questions we ask every year – more silliness and simplicity.
- What is your favorite color? Purple
- What is your favorite toy? Kitchen stuff
- What is your favorite fruit? Bananas
- What is your favorite TV show? Odd Squad
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Leftover Pizza
- What is your favorite outfit? Dresses
- What is your favorite game? Clue
- What is your favorite snack? Cheese and crackers
- What is your favorite animal? Dog
- What is your favorite song? Shake if Off – sang by Rosita and Gunther in Sing
- What is your favorite book? Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew
- Who is your best friend? Nya
- What is your favorite movie? Sing
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? “Play cooking things in the sand”
- What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
- What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Tangled blanket, George and Monkey
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Biscuits and gravy
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? “Maybe breakfast if we weren’t going to Hickory Park.’
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A cook