Not much is new in the world of MamaMort and BabyMort. I’m continuing with some of the same, not-so-fun symptoms, but it could be worse, so I’m trying not to complain too much. BabyMort has pretty much all of her vital systems developed and will spend the next few weeks gaining weight and practicing the essentials of life.
Officially, we have 5 weeks to go. Based on what I’ve read though, most babies come between 38-42 weeks, so in reality, we have between 3-7 weeks left. Wow – sometimes I just have to take a deep breath and remember that we’re ready, or at least ready enough.
- We completed our childbirth classes tonight, so I feel comfortable with the idea of labor and delivery. (I’m sure the reality of it will be totally different!!)
- We have a car seat, so we can get her home.
- We have a basket full of hand-me-down onesies, bodysuits and sleepers, so we can dress her.
- We have a crib, mattress and some sheets, so she has somewhere to sleep.
- We’re planning on breastfeeding, so that’s covered. We even have bottles and some free formula that we got from the doctor’s office, so we can feed her if our plans go awry.
- We have the newborn prefolds and covers washed and ready to go, so we have diapers to get us started.
So, we can meet her and we can get her home. We can clothe her and we’ve got eating, sleeping and pooping covered. Newborns don’t do much more than that, right?? And the good news is that if she sticks it out and stays put until after Saturday, we’ll have even more stuff thanks to some wonderful friends and family, because Saturday is my baby shower!!