Tonight, baby Rapunzel sat in her high chair at the dinner table and ate dinner with us. When I asked Chloe and Devon if they wanted to go to the store with me after dinner, Chloe said to Rapunzel, “You can’t go, because we’re going to a real-girl store. You might can right in the car though.” Yes. Might can.
Well, Rapunzel did could ride in the car with us and get a piggy back ride to/from the car.
All you mom’s of 3 out there, after tonight, I know how you feel 😉
Today, our family is very lucky to have a pretty awesome Dad to celebrate. He’s a breakfast maker, diaper changer, book reader, swing pusher, tickler, cuddler, and so much more. Earlier this week, I had the kiddos tell me some of their favorite things about their daddy. These are the outtakes, because their silly faces are just too darn cute!
We finally made our first trip to the zoo this year. It’s a fun half-day trip for us, and we have membership, but the not-raining (or snowing) weekends this spring haven’t lined up with our free weekends yet. Yesterday, we were able to make it to the zoo and spend time with family. Bonus!
Almost exactly a year ago, we went to the zoo with my brother and niece. His family was able to join us again this year on our first visit. My, my how the girls have changed! There’s even a boy there who wasn’t even born yet last year!
The Girls, 2012
The Girls, 2013
The Girls and Boys, 2013
I saw this idea for a Zoo Passport a while ago on Pinterest. I happened to have enough time to put them together the night before, so it was a go! Overall, I think they were a hit. The girls were a bit distracted, since it was the first trip of the year and we had some extra family members around, but Chloe was still looking for animals to mark off on our walk out. Today, she asked to fill in one of the blank spots with one of the animals not already listed – a giraffe. Use your imagination a bit and you can see it…4 legs, long neck and purple tongue. We also colored the panda red and added a star to it today, because we didn’t see a black and white panda, but we did see red pandas.
Chloe’s already asked when we can go to the zoo again. She’s hoping the penguin and tortoise will be out next time so she can mark them off. She also thinks we need to head to some other zoo’s so we can mark off some of the animals our zoo doesn’t have – like the elephant and zebra.
This is the scene in Chloe’s room tonight. I feel like there was either a really crazy party or something tragic happened. What’s your take?
Last year on her birthday, I asked Chloe 20 questions. We had some interesting answers, mainly because she didn’t understand all the questions, so we gave her some examples of possible answers, which then became the answers. This year, I asked her the same questions. Here’s how my baby girl has changed in the last year, and how she’s stayed the same.
- What is your favorite color? Purple. Purple.
- What is your favorite toy? Flashlight. Tangled doll.
- What is your favorite fruit? Grapes. Grapes.
- What is your favorite TV show? Yo Gabba Gabba. Sofia the First.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese. Macaroni and cheese.
- What is your favorite outfit? Stripey pants and heart shirt from Hannah. Green dress and purple pants.
- What is your favorite game? Hi-Ho Cherry-O. Hide and Seek.
- What is your favorite snack? Grapes. Popsicles.
- What is your favorite animal? Froggy. Dog.
- What is your favorite song? Julia, Julia, Juu-lia, Julia, Ju…. Sofia the First theme song. (I was a girl in the village, doing alright. Then I became a princess overnight….)
- What is your favorite book? Tickle the Bunny. Daisy the Donut Fairy.
- Who is your best friend? Nya. Nya.
- What is your favorite movie? Annie. Cinderella.
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing. Swing.
- What is your favorite drink? Juice and milk…and water. Lemonade.
- What is your favorite holiday? July – when I go to the doctor. Mother’s Day, I mean Easter.
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? George and Monkey. My monkeys!
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles and pancakes. Donuts.
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza. Chicken. (Daddy: “Chicken?!?” Chloe: “Yes!”)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Astronaut. A princess.